While most of us research eating out options online before selecting a suitable restaurant, sometimes we can serendipitously stumble upon interesting places to explore and tickle our taste buds at. To attract this segment of the market and create a lasting brand image in their minds, restaurant signs play a very important role. As customers don’t just go to restaurants for eating food anymore, restaurant signs are the best way of communicating the exact value proposition to prospects.
Here are 5 tips for creating restaurant signs that can attract new customers and spike the interest of patrons as well –
- Brand signage: The very first attraction point for a customer is the restaurant sign telling the brand name of the restaurant. It is imperative to make the creative that represents the theme of your restaurant and appeals to the right target audience. For a fine dining restaurant, a classy sign in solid metal cut out letters work wonders, whereas, for an eclectic bar and kitchen, an illuminated channel letter signage does the trick.
- Be bold and beautiful: As outdoor Storefront signs are often seen from a distance, they are expected to be big, bold and eye-catching. This means not only selecting bold lettering is important but selecting a color scheme that is contrasting and visible from a distance is also crucial.
- Position the signage: Restaurant owners can’t control the development in the surrounding areas but they definitely can optimize the view of their restaurant signs. If you have traditionally placed your signs in front of the entrance or on top of the building and have experienced obstructed view due to nearby tree growth or new buildings that have come up in the vicinity, then consider putting Blade signs and A-frames. Blade signs can remarkably increase the visibility of your restaurant signs.
- A sign for day & a sign for the night: As nighttime happens to be the peak service hours for a restaurant, Illuminated signs cannot only help increase visibility but also can set your business apart from the crowd. You can choose to have an LED lightbox sign, LED-lit channel letters or a bright Neon sign to reflect a creative side of you and your business. There are many options to choose from, if you are unsure, call us today for a free consultation. You should not miss out on potential customers just because they couldn’t see your restaurant sign and didn’t know you were there.
- Keep them relevant and dynamic: In addition to putting up informative Storefront signs, you have to ensure that these signs remain dynamic and are changed from time to time. Try and assess the interest of your target audience to come up with more relevant signs, with a message that your customers can relate to.
Bonus tip: Try a little dose of humor and style in your customer communication for establishing an instant connection with your customers. Your restaurant’s personality can be emphasized with a funny quote or a catchy outdoor signage, putting the customers in a mindset to enjoy their experience at the restaurant.
Related: Japanese Tapas Restaurant Nomé Izakaya gets their new storefront sign from Signarama Toronto
Signarama Toronto is one of the oldest sign companies in Toronto and has been serving businesses since 1986. We offer a comprehensive in-house design with our 3 graphic designers, complete manufacturing, and installation. We are ContractorCheck accredited company and fully insured with $10,000,000 insurance coverage. We have all WSIB clearance certificates and each and every member of our team is fully trained in first aid, ladder training and safety practices.
Count on Signarama Toronto for getting the most effective expression of your business identity! We specialize in all types of signage like Storefront signs, indoor office/lobby signs or promotional signs. Visit our website today at signarama-toronto for more details. From concept, to design, to production and to final installation, we are there to help. Feel free to contact us at 416-922-7446 or fill our contact form here. We will get in touch with you to help you with your query.